Monday, June 1, 2009

United with Christ

Unit 3- Lesson 14

United with Christ
Have you forgotten who you are in Christ?

1 comment:

  1. 1. I needed to be reminded that I am justified, adopted, and united with Christ THROUGH FAITH IN CHRIST! I keep falling into the mentality that I need to perform / achieve things for God to gain His approval. I think this has been feeding into the struggle I've been having to rest in God. I need to just accept who He says I am instead of trying to make a name for myself-- nothing I do will make Him love me more or less. I am accepted through faith in Jesus' sacrifice for my sin.

    2. Like Hanni talked about, I need to meditate on being a daughter of God, adopted into His family. I don't have to fear rejection by God or not living up to His standards. I can rejoice in knowing I have a Father who will eternally love and provide for me, and who desperately wants me to know Him more.

    Update: I've been having a really hard week-- mostly spent looking for jobs and getting frustrated and discouraged about not finding one. I didn't get the baking job that I had an interview for, and haven't heard anything back from the dozens of others. My response has revealed parts of my heart that are not totally satisfied in God, that I haven't fully set apart Christ as Lord. I'm realizing that I still have a lot to learn about truly "resting in God". In my mind, I can tell myself to trust God to provide or rest in Him, but my heart is slow to connect.

    Prayers: Pray that I would be able to rest in God. That I would find joy in this stage of my life, and use my time wisely each day. Also that God would open my eyes to the abundance of blessings He's given me, and that I would live as a daughter of God instead of an orphan.

    ReplyDelete