Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sorry it took me a few days to get this up, I have been quite busy so I actually haven't done the lesson yet but wanted you guys to be able to comment so:

1)What stood out to you/impacted you the most
2)How does that change your life today
3) Any updates or prayer requests :)

7 comments:

  1. Also, you can all add to the blog, you need to sign in at the top right hand corner then you should bounce to your personal homepage and there will will a link to post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone!

    Does this summer seem like it's going by very quickly to anyone else? It seems like June just flew by before I knew it, and now it's July!

    1. I LOVE diagrams, so the diagrams on page 140 and 141 stood out to me the most. I can definitely relate with the heart side of it. I know that in pride and unbelief the true motives of my heart are hidden from my spirit. After going through this study, I can definitely tell a difference in how I view my heart in light of the Holy Spirit when I step out in faith and belief God in what He says.
    It's still easy to forget this concept; living by faith. The symptom is not knowing my heart but the cause of it is lack of faith.

    2. Sometimes I don't want to sit down and let God analyze my heart for fear that it won't be pretty. But when I do that, I can go awhile without going before the throne. That's when pride creeps in and pulls me into Diagram 1. Now I see this danger and battle that's going on. In order to keep myself from slipping into this pattern, I can pray for God to give me the ability to be open and honest before Him so that He can reveal my heart to me.

    3. Praise! France has sent the documents necessary for the VISA appointment in Chicago!

    Also, I feel a little bit tested that I only have a few more weeks left to raise support and I will be out of town for one of those weeks in July. So please pray that God will be faithful and be working on my behalf while I'm gone for a week and that I can trust Him.

    Thanks ladies!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just a test. (PS. I have my fingers crossed that this will work) : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! It worked! I'm not sure what I was doing wrong before, but I've got it now! I will update later this afternoon! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey ladies,

    The thing that really stood out to me was the first couple of pages of the lesson. I loved the paragraph that gave the historical context to the cross (pg. 136). It just reminded me of how God's ways of doing thigns are so far above mine that I can not predict what He can or will do. In addition to the historical aspect, I really took a lot away from exercise 1. Going through and really focusing on what exactly God says occured through the cross was really powerful to me. It was much needed time of reflection.

    Both of these things have affect my life. First, I have just been reminded that as much as I can try to understand why God does the things He does in my life (ex: having me move to Green Bay, giving me 3 months to live with my parents, etc), He will always have a far greater purpose and I need only to trust and obey. I don't need to know (this is the key because one of my idols that I can often turn to is control), I just need to follow Him and His leading. Secondly, going through the list of what happens with the cross has been powerful as I have looked back on how I came to know the Lord. It is amazing to think that my life changed so radically when I came before the cross for the first time. And even more, that it was not just a one time thing, that I am called to live before the cross and live in those truths.

    Prayer requests:
    1) patience with my parents
    2) time management (I will be moving to Green Bay in a couple of weeks and I feel like I still have so much to do)
    3) my car situation. That I would be wise in my purchase and allow the Lord, and not myself, to lead me in this decision.

    Thanks friends!
    LOVE you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here I am at Dunn Brother's by the stone arch, sipping a coconut iced coffee, listening to chill music and reflecting on the beauty of Christ's love...what a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon! The thing that really resonated with me in this lesson was how i often let the outward determine the internal worth. It starts in my life, I think if I am not performing well or "behaving" I have no worth to God, myself, or anyone around me. In turn I too often apply that to other things around me, only able to see the outward actions and not internal truths, which goes back to my prayer for an non-judgmental heart.

    So, just like Dana, exorcize one was great for continuing to remind me that our worth is determined by Christ's work on the Cross and resurrection. It amazes me that I can hear these things over and over again and it still has not fully penetrated my heart, I keep seeing how God is working this out in my heart though, which is great.

    LIfe updates, I have been doing well. I have been seeing so much of God's grace and how He continues to take care of me. Just today I kind of nailed down a place to live next year! I'm really excited about it, it is an older restored four-plex in uptown. Super cute, there is a breakfast nook with a wooden bench in it!! Praise God for providing for me!!

    Prayer request: Strength and boldness for Jesus and that God would provide funding for Hope and Rescue (the org. that I work for) so our efforts would go forward but also so I can continue to work for them. I don't have job security right now, so I might have to look for another job if they don't get funding to be able to keep me on. Thanks loves :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. K-Dog!

    I'm super excited to hear about your apartment! PTL! : )

    ReplyDelete