Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Blog Ground Rules

Hello Ladies! So I don't mean to sound like your mom with the words ground rules, but I thought it would be helpful if we set up some expectations for the blog that we can all agree to. Kelly thank you so much for getting the blog up and running and for getting us started. I really appreciate it. So here is what I am thinking. 

1. We agree to do 1 or 2 lessons a week.  I was thinking 1 or 2 that way if you are in any other bible study this summer or have some things you are personally studying it will not overwhelm you. We can change it if you want. Please respond with your preference in the comments.

2. I will write something about the lesson each week, I will post something by Sunday night so that we can comment on it and start the next lesson. 

3. Each of us needs to add a comment of your thoughts for the study (maybe something that stood out or an answer to a question I ask or something). I also think it would be fun if we responded with a update of how we are doing and any prayer requests.

So how does that sound? I also think we can each feel the freedom to add a post not about gospel transformations but other fun stuff too that you want to share with us. Things you're learning about God, pictures of something fun etc. 

So what I need you to write in your comment is how many lessons do you want to do a week? What lesson are you currently on?
Any updates and prayer requests.

I miss you all so much and can't wait to get something going regularly with you all again.

Love to you,
Hanni

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Hanni!

    1. I would prefer 1 lesson, but I can be flexible! :)

    2. I'm at the end of "United with Christ"

    3. Updates (my summer so far): things are picking up this summer with MPD. Whenever I'm in a down, God is faithful with encouragement! Bible study with my church is going well. I've been seeing lots of extended family, but not all at the same time. I'm enjoying the bloom of my favorite summer weed: Dame's Rocket!

    4. Prayer requests:
    My grandpa has a biopsy and surgery this Thursday for his lung. There's a golf ball size lump, that could be from pneumonia a couple years ago. Pray that it goes well and that he recovers well.

    French visa. All of us are waiting for something to come from France and we've been waiting for awhile. We need it by the end of June.

    Thanks, I love all of you and miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good idea about the "ground rules" Hanni. I checked out the website for the Pacem in Terris and it seems pretty sweet. I'd love to hear more about your experience there and what it was like.

    1. I would also prefer 1 lesson/wk but can do more too.

    2. I'm in the middle of "United with Christ".

    3. Updates:

    -- I'm officially graduated! (I just finished my online class last week).

    -- I was accepted to DTS in Lausanne, Switzerland for this fall! So that's the direction I'm headed :)

    --I'm still looking for jobs/internships... that has been a hard and humbling experience so far. I just found out today that I have an interview on Thursday to be a baker at a local co-op, so that's exciting.

    --I've been reading some good books. And learning that I still have a hard time resting in God, even when there's not much going on in my life. But He's also been teaching me to find treasure in getting to know Him alone more intimately.

    4. Please pray that God would build in me more faith this summer, and that it would be a time where I will know Him more deeply. Also for the interview on Thursday-- that I would have peace about it, and God would make it clear if this is part of His plan for me this summer.

    Thanks loves! Can't wait to hear from the rest of you :)

    Much love, Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello friends!

    It's so great to hear from you guys. I've missed you all so much and I'm glad that we can stay connected through this blog. I've so enjoyed growing together over the past year and I am praying that the Lord will continue to bond us together through this blog. :)

    As with Jeanette and Em, I too am all on board for expectations. (Thanks for initiating, Hanni)

    1: I think one or two lessons a week sounds great. I have time, especially in the coming months, so whether it's one or two, either is fine with me.

    2: I am also in the "United with Christ" lesson.

    3: My life in a nutshell:

    -The Lord has been teaching me a lot about faith and what it looks like to believe Him more (versus believing in Him). It's been really interesting because it seems like He is teaching me things that I have learned many times before (power of the Word, how to pray, etc) but in a new way as I walk into this new phase of life.

    -I have been spending a lot of quality time with my parents lately. I convinced them to clean out our attic which has been a blast. We unearthed some really cool stuff. It's been so fun for me to hear a lot of the stories behind things (ie: my grandma's wedding china, old photographs, etc) and have even found some perfect pieces for my apartment!

    -Finally, I have been doing a lot of reading. I have begun to make a pretty good dent in my reading list. I just finished the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (thanks for the suggestion, Hanni. It was SO good!) and I am currently working my way through Dracula, Cold Tangerines and Heaven.

    -Oh, actually, one last thing, I have also been trying to cook more. My parents have a great cookbook that I've made a couple things from that have been great. I believe you can find a lot of the recipes online on their website (http://www.americastestkitchen.com/) Last night it was so cold and rainy that I made the tomato soup and it was really good, so I would suggest checking it out if you're interested.

    4: This may sound kind of funny to ask for prayer about prayer but as I briefly mentioned, the Lord is really teaching me a lot about prayer. Between a handful of conversations and a couple of books, I have learned a lot about prayer and have been developed a desire to grow in my prayer life. So if you would please be praying for the Lord to continue to lead me in this phase of learning about prayer and specifically that He would show me what it looks like to go deeper with Him in prayer.

    Thanks so much ladies. I love you all so much!

    LOVE,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!

    I'm glad to see the blog off and running! I am on board with all of the ground rules and am on the same lesson as everyone else, so we are good to go! I think I sent out an e-mail, but a quick update on my life. I have started doing research for my internship and on Monday I officially start my internship. This past week I started working at the salon downtown, it has been going well.

    Unfortunately, my boss called me today and since their business has really slowed down they want me only one day a week and to be on-call on fridays. So that cuts my hours in half. I know God is in control and that I need not worry. But I'm not sure what to do. At first my thought was to find a part time job on fridays, but that seems unlikely. I could look for a nights and weekend position, or I could just hope that the on call actually does happen sometime. So my prayer request is that God would make it known to me what to do in the situation. It is a bummer though, since i thought I had everything set for the summer. Oh well I guess!

    I've been doing well though, I feel quite strange transtioning out of college and not having many people around. But I am learning from it, namely how to trust in God fully. I'm excited to keeping learning in Gospel Transformations with all of you. Love and peace you to all :)

    Prayer recap: God would provide for me financially this summer and guide me in my job and that I would trust in Him continually and fully.

    Love
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great to read about all what's going on in your lives and knowing how I can be praying for you!

    I have an update on my grandpa. He had the biopsy and surgery yesterday. They found out that the lump was actually a cyst. It was great that they found it when they did because it was awefully close to the aorta. Please continue to pray for him and his recovery.

    Thanks, ladies!

    ReplyDelete